In regatta or for routing simulation, it is necessary to have precise polars. The role of Optima software integrated to all of our ranges is to use data collected during the navigation in order to define a performance curve.
During navigations, Adrena records data coming from on-board instruments (position, speed, wind, etc…) and collect them in tracks form.
In order to be readable, these tracks need to correspond to periods of sailing navigation by excluding phases with the engine. To do so, there are two solutions :.
- When you are navigating, as soon as the engine is off and the sails out, all you need to do is to click on the button in order to indicate to Adrena that registered data from this moment are readable. At the end of the navigation, before the engine is powered, click on the button again in order to indicate the end of the sailing navigation period.
- If you did not have time or if you forgot to click on the recording button, it is possible to go back to the recorded track in order to indicate the periods of sailing navigation.
To do so, use the function “correct recordings” that can be found in the Optima menu :
First, choose one or several tracks to be analyzed.
To select several tracks at the same time, maintain the Ctrl key while clicking on the tracks.
Select the time slot that you want to change (date and time of the beginning and the end of the sailing navigation) and the type of correction that you want to do :
- “Force the “under sail” mode : indicates that the boat was using the sails during the selected time slot and that corresponding data are to be integrated in polars calculation.
- “Force the “engine powered” mode : indicates that the boat was using the engine during the selected time slot and that corresponding data are not to be integrated in polars calculation.
- “Delete the “preferred” settings” : delete all preferred settings entered during the specified time slot. Be careful, this action is irreversible.
- Force “calm sea”, “choppy” or “rough sea” : indicates the state of the sea during the selected period.
Once these choices are made, start the operation thanks to the “launch” button. The software analyzes the whole data and makes the corresponding corrections.
The corrected tracks now contain markers that permit Optima to use the correct tracks portions for polar calculation.