He has left on November 18 aboard his Akilaria 40 and he arrived in Qingdao after 137d 20h 1mn 57s at sea.
Guo Chuan has made history in creating many « firsts » for China, he is
- the first professional offshore sailor in China
- the first Chinese who participated in the Clipper Round the World in 2006
- the first Olympic torchbearer to pass the torch by sailboat during the Qingdao leg
- the first Chinese who completed the VOLVO Ocean Race in 2008-2009
- the first Chinese who participated in the Mini Transat sailing event and successfully sailed across the Atlantic Ocean single-handed in a mini yacht (6.5metre) in 2011
- the first Chinese « Champion for Peace » of Peace and Sport
Like 100% of Vendee Globe sailors and 5 out 6 boats during Volvo Ocean race, he was equipped with ADRENA navigation software to sail around the world.
Watch some pics of Guo Chuan with ADRENA here :