He has left on November 18 aboard his Akilaria 40 and he arrived in Qingdao after 137d 20h 1mn 57s at sea.
Guo Chuan has made history in creating many “firsts” for China, he is
- the first professional offshore sailor in China
- the first Chinese who participated in the Clipper Round the World in 2006
- the first Olympic torchbearer to pass the torch by sailboat during the Qingdao leg
- the first Chinese who completed the VOLVO Ocean Race in 2008-2009
- the first Chinese who participated in the Mini Transat sailing event and successfully sailed across the Atlantic Ocean single-handed in a mini yacht (6.5metre) in 2011
- the first Chinese “Champion for Peace” of Peace and Sport
Like 100% of Vendee Globe sailors and 5 out 6 boats during Volvo Ocean race, he was equipped with ADRENA navigation software to sail around the world.
Watch some pics of Guo Chuan with ADRENA here :
- Route planning at Indian Ocean – 2013 Mar 3
- Route planning – 2013 Feb 5
- 2000 nms to Cape Horn – 2013 Jan 11